A new beta build came last night and there are new mistweaver changes implemented based on recent feedback! I’m glad to see that there’s a fruitful discussion between developers and mistweavers. Or at least, I assume so, looking at the changes that keep rolling in. I don’t visit forums very often, I like my happy corner here, but I don’t doubt that there’s lots of good mistweaver feedback from all corners of the internet!
- Revival now heals for 200% of spell power, up from 180%.
- Soothing Mist – Each tick of SooM now has a chance to cause a Gust of Mist heal on the target.
- Thunder Focus Tea
- Renewing Mist: Changed to ‘Increases duration by 10 sec’ from ‘Not triggering the cooldown’ of the next Renewing Mist cast.
- Enveloping Mist: The extra heal now heals for 250% of spell power, up from 130% (instant EvM aspect removed).
- Essence Font: Channels 100% faster.
- Rising Sun Kick: Reduces the cooldown of your next Rising Sun Kick by 9 sec.
- The cleave heal of Vivify now heals for 60% of spell power, up from 45%.
- Lifecycles now has 25% reduced mana cost of the next Vivify/Enveloping Mist cast, up from 20%.
- Rising Mist now heals for 15% of spell power, down from 20%.
Mistweaver Talents and Honor Talents
- Tiger’s Lust and Diffuse Magic are back to their original places.
- PvP Talents have been added! Remember that they are now unlocked by your character level, not Honor level.
- PvP Talent Slot 1 – Available Talents
- PvP Talent Slot 2, 3, 4 – Available Talents
- Surge of Mist
- Way of the Crane
- Counteract Magic
- Dome of Mist
- Surging Mist
- Heals the target for (32.76% of Attack power) and increases the healing they take from Surging Mist by 50% for 6 sec. Stacks up to 2 times.
- Refreshing Breeze
- Healing Sphere
- Zen Focus Tea
- Yu’lon’s Gift
- Fast Feet
I want to write another more extensive Mistweaver feedback post on these changes, but until then I just want to make some quick comments.
Re: Buffs and Soothing Mist
The buffs to Mistweavers are very welcome and the change to Soothing Mist was surprising to say the least! When I jumped into beta to test Soothing Mist, it seems that you get Gust of Mists at least once, quite consistently. But that’s just when I tested out of combat, on myself, with full health. I don’t know if the chance to proc the mastery heal is a flat percentage or if it changes depending on health or anything like that. A bit unclear on the details, but cool!
Re: Honor Talents
I’m gonna assume straight of the bat that these will have some revamps. Surge of Mist, much?
Re: Thunder Focus Tea
So, the EF empowerment is gone (won’t be missed, but it’s a shame we didn’t get a new EF empowerment in its place). The new Rising Sun Kick made me extremely happy for a few minutes, until I noticed that our 15% chance to reset the RSK cooldown with Teachings of the Monastery is gone on beta (I haven’t seen any patch notes on this, so I can’t confirm if it’s intended or not).
Which means, our damage increase is allocated from the TotM buff to TFT, which is more reliable, especially if you want to target a small window of opportunity with Rising Mist. But I still had hoped for something like windwalker’s Tornado Kicks as an empowerment. I’m gonna think about this and return to it in a later feedback post.
Re: Vivify buff on cleave-heal
With the new Renewing Mist empowerment changed and the buff to Vivify’s cleave heal, it makes me wonder if blizzard is balancing Vivify around having only 1-2 Renewing Mist active at any point? Maybe we’re just not supposed to have a slew of ReMs out like we always have? My world is upside down.
I need to go and brew some tea and put on my thinking hat. There’s a lot to digest, and when I’ve straightened out my thoughts I’ll write another feedback post.
But hey, mistweaver changes! Fun times!