New pages have been added to the Teahouse! I’ve finished the mythic guide for Zek’voz, and added pages for the 8.1 raids. The new raid pages does not contain much at the moment, but I will add new information as it rolls in!
There’s been new world of warcraft announcements! Patch 8.1 Tides of Vengeance has been shown to the community in a few sneak peeks. New raids, island, warfronts and continuation of the war campaign! Wohoo, content!
Tides of Vengeance Features
- New Warfront: Battle for Darkshore
- Night Elves vs Undead themed warfront.
- New Island Expedition: Jorundall
- A Vrykul-themed island full of ruins.
- New Island Expedition: Havenswood
- An abandoned Gilnean city with gothic themes.
- New Raid: Siege of Zuldazar
- Raid within Zuldazar with faction-specific bosses.
- 9 bosses total.
- Jaina as boss!
- New Raid: Crucible of Storms
- 2-boss raid located beneath the Shrine of the Storm.
- The release of this raid will be some time after Siege of Zuldazar.
- Dwarf & Blood Elf Heritage Armor
- The first set heritage armor for the old races will be available for dwarves and blood elves.
- War campaign continues!
- System improvements!
I have finally taken the time to update the way, way, way outdated Weakaura School. Now it’s finally relevant for this patch’s (and expansion’s) content. I’ve revamped it so that it’s no longer a text guide, it’s a video guide now. Because frankly, video is such an easier medium for teaching about addons. I hope you agree!
Right, so they are videos I’ve uploaded on Youtube. For the first lesson, you can find the video resources on its blog page (click on the images to follow the links).
Sidenote: I’ve also updated the Custom Texture Aura page for this patch. The auras were a little broken after all the talents had swapped around!
I’ll probably do more lessons when I have the time for it. I have a vague idea to make a video of how my UIs work (many uninitiated ask about it), maybe some auras that are based on DBM announces. There’s a lot to cover, so if you have ideas of what you want to learn, let me know in the comments below!
After a hiatus from Patreon work, I’m finally back and done with the Shaman UI! The art for this UI is sent out to all my eligible patreons, and here is a post with all the elvui profiles and weakaura export codes to help you get started!
Creating your own Shaman UI
The Bfa beta was updated last night with a new build. Today we got some minor changes to mistweavers, and a blue post on the new war mode. I got to say, I’m starting to warm up to the idea of world pvp. Always having active honor talents and being able to go full on bounty hunter seems kind of fun!
- Essence Well has changed name to Upwelling.
- Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane now has a duration for 25 sec, down from 45 sec, and now heals for 45% of spell power, up from 30%.
- Ring of Peace now has a duration of 5 sec, down from 8 sec.
Azerite Trait Changes
- Fit to Burst – Drinking Purifying Brew while at Heavy Stagger causes your next 3 melee abilities to heal you for 360.
- Misty Peaks – When your Renewing Mists jumps, you have a 10% chance to gain 128 Haste for 8 seconds.
- Sunrise Technique now has a damage over time aspect.
I have finally come home after being gone for who-knows-how long. My living room floors are renovated and my fingers are itching for some writing. Blizzcon was the past weekend and the new WoW expansion has finally been announced! Here are some of my thoughts about the new expansion.
Quick Recap of Battle for Azeroth
After the events of Legion, the two factions will once again take up arms against each other. The rivalry and conflict of the factions will be the focal point in Battle of Azeroth. Here are a few of the new features:
- Level cap increased to 120.
- Two new continents available:
- Kul Tiras for Alliance.
- Zandalar for Horde.
- 10 new dungeons.
- New raids: first one called Uldir, Halls of Control.
- Island Exploration: new 3-man scenarios.
- Warfronts: new 20-man events.
- 6 new allied races:
- Horde: Nightborne, Highmountain Tauren, Zandalari Trolls.
- Alliance: Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarves.
- New artifact: Heart of Azeroth.
Warming up for the upcoming pre-patch to one of the most long-awaited (and long overdue!) expansion, I will be discussing the changes the Mistweaver spec will be undergoing.
Like every expansion, there are a whole set of revamps and roller-coaster-rides of tuning and changes. The following segment of WoD-know-how is entirely subject to change and I will not profess any sort of certainty. We know Blizzard, they are queen of decision anxiety. And so we smile and nod every patch only to expect another revamp the next month. But maybe that is what keeps the game interesting?
First off, and rather excitingly, I present to you a whole new stance for Mistweavers; the Crane Stance! This is our brand new stance, wholly dedicated to fistweaving (for those who like this rotation, it’s like Christmas, right?). Stance of the Spirited Crane replaces our old and unused Stance of the Fierce Tiger. MWs have a total of 2 stances then, and to actually make the stance-changing a worthwhile and tactical decision, some spells are restricted to either stance. The following spells have stance restrictions;
Serpent Stance is our traditional healing stance (and most likely, the one we’ll use for progression raids where heavy healing is called upon). Crane Stance is our hybrid, hybrid stance where we gain Eminence, or healing through DPS. Eminence is entirely restricted to Crane Stance, accompanied by our set of DPS abilities. As far as Beta has gone, Crane Stance does inferior healing compared to Serpent Stance. But most likely, as with all fistweaving, it is intended to be used during the downtimes of healing. Strategic choices, remember?
To change stance it costs one GCD and you lose all chi. This is to hinder willy-nilly stance changing and preserve it as a strategic and tactical decision. But it does suit our slightly uh, frenetic style of healing. Downtime means DPS time. Furthermore, fistweaving seems to more mana efficient this time around, so it is definitely a suitable option.