I’ve done my next-to-last journey for this month (one to go!) and I’ve got a few days at home to catch up on the news. There’s been a few updates in the mistweaver front that I’d like to go through, not to mention a few nerfs (sigh).
Build 26871 (June 19)
- Direct healing is now 105% of spell power, down from 120%.
- Cleave healing is now 70% of spell power, down from 80%.
- Renewing Mist
- Now heals for 140% of spell power, down from 175%.
- Soothing Mist
- Now heals for 320% of spell power, down from 360%.
Build 26903 (June 22)
- Leg Sweep is now learned at level 52, down from level 60.
- Enveloping Mist now costs 5.0% of base mana, down from 5.2%.
- Renewing Mist now costs 2.6% of base mana, down from 2.8%.
Nerfs are never fun to see, but they’re a necessary part of tuning. If I’ve understood developers correctly, the nerfs had to happen because adding charges to Renewing Mist was a larger buff to both ReM and Vivify than expected (but don’t quote me on that). Either way, I haven’t been on beta recently so I don’t really know where mistweavers’ healing is comparatively. All I know is that adding charges to Renewing Mist was an absolute necessity to make the spec work.
The reduction on mana cost of EvM and ReM is very, very welcome though. Since Vivify and EvM can be instantly cast while channeling Soothing Mist, our mana pool has a tendency to be drained quite quickly unless you’re careful. A great change, in other words!
Anyway, I’m gonna take the opportunity to write some on my 8.0 guides, until I have to travel again. Bye for now!