I have been hard at work making more updates for the Teahouse. This time, I have reworked and updated the UI Hub. There are only a few more updates that are needed until the whole blog is as I want it!
New updates on the blog:
- UI Philosophy – This page has been rewritten from scratch. Here I talk about my thought process when I’m creating my UIs, mostly when it comes to composition, disposition and tackling the problem with aesthetics vs practicality. I use my own UIs, old and new, as illustrative examples.
- UI Inspiration – A page where I showcase all the different UIs I’ve done, plus some guest ones. Added my newest creations to the page.
- UI Troubleshooting – This page has been updated with the latest and most common problems people ask me about – and the solutions! More images has been added for +5 in visual guidance.
Continue reading “More Updates in the Teahouse”
A new alpha build came last night, and although there’s few changes to Mistweavers, Monks have gained two new races. Here’s a small recap on the things that concern Monks!
Not many changes to Mistweavers, but it seems that Blizzard haven’t quite gotten to the healers specs yet. The damage classes and specs have first priority, and we’ll probably see the healer changes coming soon.
Monk Allied Races
New information on the Allied Races is trickling down the alpha mining. Two of the new races can be Monks, so here’s a small summary of the races and their racials.
- Dark Iron Dwarf
- Mag’har Orc
Continue reading “New Alpha Build and Monk Races”
If you have tried to access my blog the past three days, you might have noticed that my blog was nowhere to be found. Through a series of unfortunate events, the Misty Teahouse took a trip to the dark side of the internet. Thankfully, I got it back in one piece through my vast powers of technology… I’m kidding, I called tech-support.
Long story short, a less than a year ago I switched my blog through self-hosted instead of WordPress premium. The subscription for the premium ran out three days ago, which would have been all fine and dandy unless my domain had been part of that otherwise useless package deal. So yes, the domain was deleted, I called support and instead of paying for the whole premium package, I payed only for the domain and they fished it back from techno-limbo. Happy ending!
In more mistweaver-related news, patch 7.1.5 is coming ever closer to release. Here’s a summary of the Mistweaver changes:
Patch 7.1.5 – Mistweaver Notes
The good stuff:
- Rising Sun Kick costs 2% of base mana, down from 2.3%.
- Crackling Jade Lightning now deals 140% of attack power damage, up from 70%.
- Mistwalk (Talent) now heals for 420% of spell power, up from 350%.
- Song of Chi-Ji (Talent) now has a 15 sec cooldown, down from 30 sec.
- Zen Pulse (Talent) now heals and deals damage for 220% of spell power, up from 200%.
- Dampen Harm (Talent) now reduces the damage of incoming attacks by 20-50% (depending on how hard attack) for 10 sec. Previously reduced the next three incoming attacks by 30% if they damage 15% of your health or more.
- Diffuse Magic (Talent) now has a 1.5 min cooldown, down from 2 min cooldown.
- Ring of Peace (Talent) now forms at target location and ejects all enemies out of the ring. Previously formed around a friendly target and knocked back enemies who used harmful spells or abilities.
- Healing Sphere (PvP) now has a 15 sec recharge time, down from 45 sec.
- Way of the Crane (PvP) now also make you immune to stun effects.
Continue reading “Misty Teahouse took a trip to Limbo”
The pre-patch is here! Okay, it’s here for America. Europe has to wait until tomorrow until its launch, but that only means I have an extra day to update my blog. The blog will be renovated for patch 7.0 and Legion the upcoming days, and I’ve already finished the Basic Mistweaving Guide and Talents. Still so many things to do and so little time!
Are you in need of some Mistweaving assistance? Look no further, help is here! I have updated my Basic Mistweaving Guide and Talents section just in time for the pre-patch.
Basic Mistweaving Guide – Explains stat priority, healing toolkit, damage toolkit and rotations to go with them.
Talents – A rundown of all the talents and which to pick in which situation.
I have in mind to edit these continuously as I gain new knowledge myself. Also, they need to be spiced up with some nice illustrations, but all in good time. I still have the following pages to update:
Continue reading “Mistweaver Guide updated for Patch 7.0”
I really hadn’t expect it to come so soon! Folks, this means that next Wednesday we will have Chi Explosion instant while Soothing, we will have several talents overhauls, Mana Tea will be based on your passive spirit and oh dear god I need a new spirit trinket.
We will have new twitter integration (which I will abuse to no end), Heirloom tabs, world bosses you can summon to your garrison, updated light graphics and anti-aliasing for the game, new blood elf models, continuation on the legendary quest line etc. etc.
I’m most scared about the Mana Tea change and most excited about Chi Explosion. I have to update my talent page to sync it with all the new talents changes. I think most changes are good, or so it seems, and we will have a lot of fun with the 6.1 changes. Though the Mana Tea is a little bit concerning since we rely on it so heavily. Mistweavers will really have to stack passive spirit to make it work, and if I get to speculate, there might be a bit higher pressure to open up in Crane stance and stack Mana Tea in every fight to counter the lower mana we get from each stack. Quantity over quality, I guess.
Continue reading “Patch 6.1 coming February 24 – That’s next week!”
I know I said I wouldn’t write about talents until 6.1 and that I actually should sit and write about BRF encounters. But then I needed to take a break from it, so I just started to write a little about the talents and then lo and behold; I’ve done the whole talent tree. Now with a short version of what talents to pick and a long version that describes exactly why you should pick a specific talent. And I’ve added some illustrations of scrolls again. What? I’m not obsessed the Avatar-series, bending scrolls or anything like that. It’s just aesthetically logical.
So take a look and read all about the Mistweaver talents. You may learn something you didn’t know!
*Deep breath* Okay, it’s finally complete. To tell you the truth I’m a little bit scared. I really hope you guys like it, and if you have any feedback that would also be welcome!
So, my dear readers, I’ve finally done with the very long and big project of writing a more advanced guide for Mistweavers. I’ve also redone the old Strategy guide a little bit and dubbed it “Basic Mistweaving Strategy”.
The old “Strategy” page is now –>
Basic Mistweaving Strategy
Advanced Mistweaving Strategy
Continue reading “Advanced Mistweaving Strategy Guide is up!”
More 6.1 patch notes have rolled in and this time there is more on the Mistweaver spec. Take a look:
- Ascension now increases Spirit by 10% instead of increasing maximum mana by 20%.
- Breath of the Serpent (Mistweaver) healing increased by 50%.
- Chi Burst damage has been increased by 51%. Also fixed a bug that caused its damage and healing to vary based on specialization.
- Chi Explosion (Mistweaver) healing while in Serpent Stance is increased by 40%, and is now usable while channeling Soothing Mist.
- Chi Torpedo damage has increased by 150% and healing has increased by 42%.
- Ring of Peace now incapacitates all enemies for 5 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
- Zen Sphere has been improved. Its detonation damage has increased by 97%, detonation healing has increased by 70%, but periodic healing has been reduced by 39%. Also fixed a bug that caused its damage and healing to vary based on specialization.
There are a lot of buffs in there. When I first saw it I needed a second to calm down. Okay, let’s go through them.
Continue reading “More PTR 6.1 Patch Notes”
I’m currently drinking Masala Chai tea, and I thought I’d give you an update on the things I do at the moment!
To start off in-game, my guild has finally started progressing on Mythic bosses (Kargath doesn’t count, he’s barely a mythic boss worth the name). We’ve started off at Twin Ogron, and it is a really fun and sadistic fight. The progress was quick and once we’ve assembled our core team, they’ll be downed very quickly. Our third progression boss will be Brackenspore, and as far as I can tell that’s a clusterf*ck of epic proportions. My kind of fun, in other words! There is nothing more challenging than having to heal like a maniac, while dodging and executing mechanics till perfection.
The fun part about Mythic compared to Heroic, is that the content is so challenging that you have to progress your own gameplay to maximize throughput and utility. There’s no one telling you how to do it, it is up to you to figure out the best tactics. While the raid progress the content, you will also progress your own gameplay in parallel. Where is the best time to use these spells and these cooldowns, how shall I time it for best execution etc. I like having to think about things like these.
Continue reading “Tea is Almighty and I do things”
So the past two days, me and my boyfriend and a common friend have been assembling my new computer. It is small but fast and in a nice shade of red. Now I WoW is running really smoothly and I have zero lag and barely any loading screens. Though it was a struggle from the first hour to put it together. The computer marked itself as special-need from the get go to the very end. But yeah, after some tweaking it finally works now.
I’ve already tried raiding with it. I have been singing “a whole new world” ever since, haha. It really is a different feeling, I am completely in awe. Too bad the guild has a break from raiding now until January. But then we will continue to progress Highmaul Heroic and then in February Blackrock Foundry will finally be released. Then Mistweavers will finally get some gear with multistrike on! It has been a real pain that the only items that have our two best stat combo are two items from Imperator Mar’gok. I have really been starved on good gear.
Before that though, I will write some more on the guides I’m working on. Always something to do! But if you’re taking a break from WoW for the holidays, I wish you a merry Christmas and I’ll see you next year :) !