An easily overlooked aspect of the recent Legion datamine is the new PvP talent tree! I mean sure, who does PvP anyway? I have only dabbled in it from time to time, but never anything serious. So why should we care…?
In fact, in Legion the whole PvP system will be reworked, pretty much from the ground up. The new philosophy is the reduce the significance of gear and instead emphasize talent choice and skill. The Developers have reworked the system so that they have superior tools to balance class and spec against each other in a way they never could before. Oh and, there will be new epic rewards, such as Artifact transmogs! If I’m not mistaken, the Serpent version of Sheilun will be tied to the PvP system somehow. That’s enough to make me consider trying PvP. So let’s go through what we know so far, shall we?
- Players are given a separate PvP level, called Honor level. Max level is 50.
- To gain levels and unlock talents in the PvP talent tree, players must gain Honor, which works more like experience in Legion.
- The more Honor levels a player gain, the more choice is unlocked in in the PvP talent tree.
- Players can “consume” their Honor levels to get a Prestige Rank. Higher prestige ranks grant cosmetic awards, such as Artifact transmog, titles, character portraits, mounts etc.
- Once Honor levels are consumed for Prestige, the player goes back to Honor level 1, giving the player the opportunity to gain Honor levels again, and reach for another Prestige rank.
- PvP in Legion will be much more about talent choice than gear.
- There is no PvP specific gear: no resilience, no PvP power or gear with secondary PvP item level.
- You can enter PvP with any type of gear; your stats will be based on your specialization. Higher item levels will give slightly higher stats.
- Developers will tune the stats of certain specializations if they over or underperform. This way, balancing PvP will be much easier and flexible.
The Talent Tree
Wowhead Talent Calculator and PvP Talent Calculator.
Gladiator’s Medallion (Honor Level 1)
Instant, 2 min cooldown
Removes all movement impairing effects and all effects which cause loss of control character.
Adaption (Honor Level 13)
All full loss control effects with a duration of 5 sec or longer will be removed shortly after being applied. This effect has a 1.50 min cooldown.
Relentless (Honor Level 31)
Duration of incoming crowd control effects reduced by 25%.
Defender of the Weak (Honor Level 2)
After healing a target below 50% health, you gain 20% haste for 5 sec.
Vim and Vigor (Honor Level 16)
While you are at or above 80% health, your healing is increased by 20%.
Inner Renewal (Honor Level 34)
Healing yourself directly will refund 50% of the spell’s mana cost.
Maneuverability (Honor Level 4)
Increases the maximum number of charges of Roll by 1.
Twin Spirits (Honor Level 19)
You can have 2 Transcendence Spirits out at once. Your Transcendence: Teleport switches you with the closest spirit.
Fast Feet (Honor Level 37)
You move 10% faster for 2 sec after being attacked.
Whirling Kicks (Honor Level 6)
Spinning Crane Kick increases your movement speed by up to 100%, and heals you for 10% of your maximum health over 5 sec. The number of targets struck by Spinning Crane Kick increases this effect.
Remedy Tea (Honor Level 22)
Instant, 1.5 min cooldown
Reduces all damage taken by 60%.
Dematerialize (Honor Level 40)
When you are stunned, you phase out of existence temporarily causing all melee, ranged and spell attacks to miss you for 2 sec. This effect has a 10 sec cooldown.
Dome of Mist (Honor Level 8)
Reduces the cooldown of Life Cocoon by 30 sec.
Counteract Magic (Honor Level 25)
Renewing Mist heals for 100% more when the target is affected by damaging periodic magic effect.
Ancient Mistweaver Arts (Honor Level 43)
Not Yet Implemented.
Fortune Turned (Honor Level 10)
The initial target of your Renewing Mist gains Fortune Turned, increasing the effectiveness of your Gust of Mists and periodic healing effects by 100% for 6 sec.
Refreshing Breeze (Honor Level 28)
Increases the healing of Vivify by 25%, and Vivify refreshes the duration of Renewing Mists on targets it heals.
Healing Sphere (Honor Level 46)
Not Yet Implemented.
Continue reading “PvP and Talents in Legion”