I know it took forever for me to update the Advanced Mistweaving Strategy guide, but in my defense I had no idea what to write until now and didn’t have the time to sit down and figure it out. This is why vacations are awesome!
This time I expound more on the different styles of healing in Mythic+ vs raiding and how you can improve on both accounts. I also give a more detailed account of mana management, since that is usually a big topic in raid settings. The section of ‘What is a good healer’ from the old guide still has valid principles that can be applied to any healer class, and is therefore still in the guide.
Advanced Mistweaving Strategy
As for my own adventures in a Mistweaving world, my guild is currently progressing Nighthold Mythic. I must say, I infinitely prefer the encounters in Nighthold to those in Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor and this may or may not have to do with more opportunity for stack healing. And that I got the Legendary trinket. But just maybe!
Continue reading “Advanced Mistweaving Page Updated”
I’ve had a very relaxing and nice vacation skiing the past week and a half – with no broken legs to boot! Will miracles never cease? But it seems like I’m late to the party; patch 7.1.5. is already out and I’ve just gotten home and scraped the snow off of me. Well, better late than never as they say!
The past week I’ve been in one of four modes: sleeping, skiing, baking in the sauna or reading in front of a fire. The only thing missing was a strong choke hold on the notifications on my phone. Tried having it muted, but people were so upset that I never got back to them. Why is it so wrong that I take three days to get back to people? I mean, I can no longer give a pertinent reply to the question “Where R U now?” three days later, but the thought counts, right?
- Dampen Harm now reduces all damage you take by 20% to 50% for 10 seconds, based on the size of the attack, with a 2 minute cooldown.
- Ring of Peace now forms a Ring of Peace at the target location for 8 seconds. Enemies that enter will be ejected from the ring.
- Mastery: Gust of Mists healing increased by 30%.
- Rising Sun Kick mana cost is now 2% of base mana (was 2.25%).
- Song of Chi-Ji cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds).
- Diffuse Magic cooldown is now 90 seconds (was 120 seconds).
- Zen Pulse damage and healing increased to 220% of spell power (was 200%).
- Mistwalk healing increased to 420% of spell power (was 350%).
Continue reading “Back from Vacation!”
If you have tried to access my blog the past three days, you might have noticed that my blog was nowhere to be found. Through a series of unfortunate events, the Misty Teahouse took a trip to the dark side of the internet. Thankfully, I got it back in one piece through my vast powers of technology… I’m kidding, I called tech-support.
Long story short, a less than a year ago I switched my blog through self-hosted instead of WordPress premium. The subscription for the premium ran out three days ago, which would have been all fine and dandy unless my domain had been part of that otherwise useless package deal. So yes, the domain was deleted, I called support and instead of paying for the whole premium package, I payed only for the domain and they fished it back from techno-limbo. Happy ending!
In more mistweaver-related news, patch 7.1.5 is coming ever closer to release. Here’s a summary of the Mistweaver changes:
Patch 7.1.5 – Mistweaver Notes
The good stuff:
- Rising Sun Kick costs 2% of base mana, down from 2.3%.
- Crackling Jade Lightning now deals 140% of attack power damage, up from 70%.
- Mistwalk (Talent) now heals for 420% of spell power, up from 350%.
- Song of Chi-Ji (Talent) now has a 15 sec cooldown, down from 30 sec.
- Zen Pulse (Talent) now heals and deals damage for 220% of spell power, up from 200%.
- Dampen Harm (Talent) now reduces the damage of incoming attacks by 20-50% (depending on how hard attack) for 10 sec. Previously reduced the next three incoming attacks by 30% if they damage 15% of your health or more.
- Diffuse Magic (Talent) now has a 1.5 min cooldown, down from 2 min cooldown.
- Ring of Peace (Talent) now forms at target location and ejects all enemies out of the ring. Previously formed around a friendly target and knocked back enemies who used harmful spells or abilities.
- Healing Sphere (PvP) now has a 15 sec recharge time, down from 45 sec.
- Way of the Crane (PvP) now also make you immune to stun effects.
Continue reading “Misty Teahouse took a trip to Limbo”