I haven’t had the chance to catch up on some PTR news yet, so I though I’d do a quick summary of the mistweaver changes so far, including an updated summary of the patch 8.1 features. In addition, I’ve added the mythic Vectis guide as well!
Mistweaver PTR Changes (So Far)
Tides of Vengeance Features (Updated)
- War Campaign continues!
- Incursions are added (think Legion invasions).
- New World Quests!
- New azerite traits!
- New profession recipes!
- More storylines are added for both Alliance and Horde (Xal’atath, Proudmoore, Saurfang, Tyrande, Vol’jin).
- New Heritage Armor: Blood Elves and Dwarves
- New Warfront: The Battle for Darkshore
- New Island Expeditions: Jorundall and Havenswood
- New Raids: Battle for Dazar’alor and Crucible of Storms
- Azerite Armor Changes:
- Azerite Armor will no longer drop from the weekly chest. Instead a currency will drop with which we can buy azerite tokens (head, shoulders, chest) or specific azerite armor.
- Disenchanting/scrapping azerite armor will also reward this currency.
- A second class-specific ring is added to patch 8.1 azerite armor. A.k.a. we can choose 2 spec specific azerite traits per item.
- Legion LFR Queue
- Reputation achivements account-wide
- Gnomeregan Pet Dungeon
- Updated spell effects for Paladins
- New mount models (sabers, hello!)
Mistweaver Guide for Mythic Vectis
New guide added! Check out my Mythic Vectis guide for mistweavers by clicking on the image below:
Continue reading “Mistweaver News and Vectis Guide”
My guild has started Mythic Uldir this week, after having cleared Heroic a second time. I have healed through the Taloc encounter and MOTHER (not dead yet, but 5% there!) so I have been able to write down my mistweaver strategies for these encounters. Please have a look below!
I must say, it’s been a joy to come back to mythic raiding. Mistweavers are strong and there’s constant damage to heal through, as opposed to normal/heroic where the unit frames bounces up and down at all times (may the best sniper win!).
Continue reading “Mythic Taloc and MOTHER Guides Up”
After months of work, I’ve finally finished my Uldir guide. It took a while, mostly because there were so many changes between Beta and live, so I had to wait before I’ve run through normal and heroic difficulties on live before I could do the finishing touches. But here it is!
Battle for Azeroth > Raids > Uldir, Halls of Control >
Uldir Normal & Heroic
I’ll probably add a few more mistweaver-specific tips as I go along, but now the basics are there at least. I tentatively plan to add mythic guides as well, hopefully my guild will progress fast enough to make them relevant.
I’m working on several projects at the same time and since guides takes forever to produce, I don’t have a clear timeline. I have barely started on my next Patreon UI (hunter one), I need to update the Advanced Mistweaving guide, I have several secret projects running as well. It’s a lot! Here’s to strong tea and whiskey, cheers!
I have finally taken the time to update the way, way, way outdated Weakaura School. Now it’s finally relevant for this patch’s (and expansion’s) content. I’ve revamped it so that it’s no longer a text guide, it’s a video guide now. Because frankly, video is such an easier medium for teaching about addons. I hope you agree!
Right, so they are videos I’ve uploaded on Youtube. For the first lesson, you can find the video resources on its blog page (click on the images to follow the links).
Sidenote: I’ve also updated the Custom Texture Aura page for this patch. The auras were a little broken after all the talents had swapped around!
I’ll probably do more lessons when I have the time for it. I have a vague idea to make a video of how my UIs work (many uninitiated ask about it), maybe some auras that are based on DBM announces. There’s a lot to cover, so if you have ideas of what you want to learn, let me know in the comments below!
Be ready – for it’s here – the pre-patch! Prepare yourself for wonky balance issues and loud crying on the forums while you frantically try to figure out what the hell happened to your spec. But don’t be afraid, I’m here to let you find your way back home to the Mistweaver spec.
Before I start, I just want to go over the latest changes I haven’t been able to post about yet.
- Mistweaver Monk aura changed from -20% to 0% (affecting Rising Sun Kick).
- Renewing Mist now has a recharge time of 9 sec, up from 8 sec.
- Vivify now heals for 95% of spell power, down from 105%.
- Life Cocoon now absorbs damage equal to (Spell Power * 11)* Versatility, down from 12.6.
- Surging Mist (Honor Talent) now heals for 160% of spell power, down from 200%. Also, base mana cost changed from 2%, up from 1%.
Tuning continues and they obviously want mistweavers to be down again with the other healers after having been ever so slightly overtuned. Here’s hoping they don’t overdo it! I have no way of knowing, I haven’t really done any hardcore content on beta, just fixing all my weakauras for Bfa. We will see how it pans out in the pre-patch!
Patch 8.0 Teahouse Updates
Here are the so far updated pages:
As with every big launch, I have to do the updates in stages. Now you can at least re-learn the basics of Mistweaving, its talents and an added bonus: a completely new HUD to go with the fancy new talents and spell priorities! Hurray!
Anyway, I’ll patiently wait until the pre-patch actually hits EU servers (about half a day until then). Meanwhile, I’ll continue working on my secret monk project that you might be hearing about closer to launch *wink wink*.
More updates will be rolling in as I get to them. Until next time!
June is over and I’m home from my latest and last trip. In July, I’m gonna go full cave woman and you’ll have to ply me with a crowbar to get me out of my chair now. I’m here, and I’m gonna be here for a while. So now, let me update you on all that has been going on while I’ve been away!
Build 26926 (June 26)
Build 26936 (June 27)
- Chi Burst now deals damage equal to 46% of attack power, down from 65.52%.
Continue reading “Teahouse Final Landing and Updates”
I’ve done my next-to-last journey for this month (one to go!) and I’ve got a few days at home to catch up on the news. There’s been a few updates in the mistweaver front that I’d like to go through, not to mention a few nerfs (sigh).
Build 26871 (June 19)
- Direct healing is now 105% of spell power, down from 120%.
- Cleave healing is now 70% of spell power, down from 80%.
- Renewing Mist
- Now heals for 140% of spell power, down from 175%.
- Soothing Mist
- Now heals for 320% of spell power, down from 360%.
Build 26903 (June 22)
Continue reading “Mistweaver Updates Recap”
With the world’s shakiest internet connection, high up in the mountains, I’m writing to you between all the puppy walks, puppy playtimes and puppy-please-stop-biting-mes. A new beta build launched this night and we finally got the long-awaited change to Renewing Mist!
- Renewing Mist
- Uplifting Trance Removed
- Renewing Mist now has 2 charges (Rank 2, learnt at level 42).
- The direct heal now heals for 120% of spell power, up from 105%.
- The cleave heal on Renewing Mist targets now heals for 80% of spell power, up from 70%.
The Uplifting Trance part (4% chance to increase the healing of your next Vivify by 40%) of Renewing Mist has been removed. In exchange, we get 2 charges of Renewing Mist and a buff to Vivify instead. A happy trade, I’d say! I’m wishing I was back home to test the changes on beta, but I’m gonna be on puppy duty for a while longer.
Whatever you do Blizzard, don’t launch the pre-patch until I’m home. Just don’t!
Speaking of the pre-patch!
Continue reading “New Beta Build – Renewing Mist Stacks”
Another beta build has arrived, though there aren’t many mistweaver changes in this one. Instead, we get a sniff of upcoming Azerite Traits that will basically replace tier set bonuses. I suspect we’ve only seen the beginning of Azerite traits so far, and there are likely many more to come. But here’s a preview!
- Life Cocoon now absorbs [(((Spell power * 12.6) + 0)) * (1 + Versatility)], up from * 9.
- Mistweaver Monk passive has been boosted by 40%.
- Chrysalis (Honor Talent) now reduced the cooldown of Life Cocoon by 30 sec, down from 90 sec.
Monk Azerite Traits
Continue reading “New Beta Build – Azerite Traits Changes and Additions”