Before Battle.net took a sour turn last night, there was a new build for the Legion Beta deployed. Only small changes were made, but rather significant ones, particularly regarding the new Fistweaving incarnation for Mistweavers. The final trait of the Sheilun artifact was also notably buffed. Oh, and I have Beta access finally!
- Teachings of the Monastery now causes your next Blackout Kick to strike an additional time, stacking up to 3 times. Previously, increased damage on Blackout Kick and Rising Sun Kick by 30%.
- Teachings of the Monastery now allows Blackout Kick to have a 15% chance to reset the cooldown of Rising Sun Kick, down from 30%.
- Spirit of the Crane now restore 0.65% mana for every additional Blackout Kick. Previously restored 1% mana for every Blackout Kick or Rising Sun Kick.
- Mistweaving now increases healing done by 5%-15%, up from 0.5%-10% (depending on rank).
Now what does this mean for the fistweaving rotation? As I have Beta access now, I’ve been able to make a short video of how the new rotation looks like. Have a look!
- You strike 3 times with Tiger Palm to get 3 stacks of the buff.
- Using Blackout Kick consumes all available stacks and adds a kick for every stack.
- Rising Sun Kick should be used on cooldown and does not require the Teachings of the Monastery buff anymore for maximum damage.
- With the talent Spirit of the Crane, you can now refund up to 0.65%/1.3%/1.95% mana with Blackout Kick, depending on the stack count.
- Both Tiger Palm and Blackout Kick cost no mana. Rising Sun Kick costs 2.8% mana.
- Combined with Rising Thunder, the new Fistweaving rotation have a high potential to be very mana efficient while keeping the HPS relatively stable.
It is difficult to predict which level 100 talent (and therefore rotation) will pull ahead of the others. Currently, it looks like Rising Thunder and the fistweaving rotation is relatively equal to Mana Tea, though one could argue that Mana Tea is better for burst healing and Rising Thunder is better for a sustained efficiency, as long as your fistweaving is combo-ed with Spirit of the Crane. Focused Thunder is the strongest in terms of HPS, but weakest in terms of mana efficiency. This could of course change rather drastically before launch. But for now, the level 100 talents provides a very intriguing choice.
The Mistweaving artifact trait has been buffed as well. The trait seems to only be available once the whole artifact tree has been filled out and unlike the other traits, can go all the way up to rank 20 (max 15% increased healing). Other artifacts seem to have gotten the same treatment.
That’s it for today folks! Let me know what you think about the changes!