There’s been new world of warcraft announcements! Patch 8.1 Tides of Vengeance has been shown to the community in a few sneak peeks. New raids, island, warfronts and continuation of the war campaign! Wohoo, content!
Tides of Vengeance Features
- New Warfront: Battle for Darkshore
- Night Elves vs Undead themed warfront.
- New Island Expedition: Jorundall
- A Vrykul-themed island full of ruins.
- New Island Expedition: Havenswood
- An abandoned Gilnean city with gothic themes.
- New Raid: Siege of Zuldazar
- Raid within Zuldazar with faction-specific bosses.
- 9 bosses total.
- Jaina as boss!
- New Raid: Crucible of Storms
- 2-boss raid located beneath the Shrine of the Storm.
- The release of this raid will be some time after Siege of Zuldazar.
- Dwarf & Blood Elf Heritage Armor
- The first set heritage armor for the old races will be available for dwarves and blood elves.
- War campaign continues!
- System improvements!
This is all very exciting and I’m very curious to see how the new raid with faction bosses will pan out. As Ion said, we will have faction-specific bosses but at the end of the raid we will be able to explore the opposite faction’s bosses as well! No content left unexplored for anyone here, thank Yu’lon. It would be hell for guide creators if they had to level and gear a new character on the other faction just to experience the other bosses. But that does not seem to be the case (phew!).
The main enemy is the other faction in Siege of Zuldazar, which means that Queen Azshara has to wait for a future patch until we meet. I’m sure there will be a big build-up until we go toe to toe with her. The second smaller raid Crucible of Storms seems to be just that: naga/old god themed raid. Hopefully, there will be plenty of story to go with it.
Anyway, I’m off to bed now but I’m super eager to see what we’ll find in the upcoming datamines. Patch 8.1 will hit the PTR soon!