Patch 7.1 has made a rapid launch to live servers and we can already enjoy new content. Class changes, new quests and campaigns, and not to mentioned Karazhan are among the new content. My schedule is not cooperating with me though so it will be a while before I can enjoy all of it. I’m getting there though!
Before I dig into it, I just wanted to thank everyone for your well-wishes since the last post. I’m glad to have you as my readers!
Not too many changes for Mistweavers, at least not ones that has an impact on our rotation. That Sheilun’s Gift activates Soothing Mist is very nice, we’ve been clamoring for it since alpha. The buff to Soothing Mist is also very welcome, especially for me who have the ring Legendary. Otherwise, nothing groundbreaking, Mistweavers are fairly steady.
Continue reading “Patch 7.1 Karazhan Fiesta”
I have been rather absent the past month, not just from the blog, but pretty much any social context. I’m trying to get my bearings again, and I thought that a post to recap my recent misbehaviours and adventures might just do the trick. So, warning! warning!, it’s a bit of personal post. I allow myself those on occasion.
I’m not gonna make this a pity-party so let’s go for the short version of the story. A huge amount of stressed coincided and piled up on me in a large festival of “Let’s see how much worse 2016 can become!” in a short amount of time. My mind felt like that was a good time to go on a strike, despite my objections, and I had to do a small retreat to avoid a complete burnout.
Can’t say I’ve been very successful. Social interactions were always hard for me, but now I was starting to look like a hermit. I’ve consumed tons of books. And when I say tons I mean that I’ve read about a book a day for the past month. It’s a coping mechanism for me, because when I read I forget I have stress and/or problems. Recently, I did a deep-dive in Urban Fantasy, which critically suffers from flat plot points, self-contradictory heroines with more bark than bite, inconsistent characters and book covers that make you cringe into a pretzel. But occasionally you find those golden nuggets of Urban Fantasy that take all your morals and worldviews and smack them in your face with it. I mean, they might not turn your world completely up-side-down but at least they got you thinking.
Continue reading “Brain Vacation at the Teahouse”
Here are my personal notes from my progression on Mythic Nythendra – or at least the cleaned-up version of them. The original notes had more colorful language, spelling mistakes and abbreviations until oblivion. But now they’re legible – hurray!
- Infested debuff stacks inevitably during the fight and is cleared at Heart of the Swarm. If you have 10 or more stacks of Infested, you will be mind-controlled after Nythendra casts Infested Mind (which always happen directly after casting Infested Breath). Stack up before the cast so that non-mc people can dish out enough damage to break the mc.
- Do not use Leg Sweep since debuffs remain even after MC. The mind-control is easily broken though, so Spinning Crane Kick is fine.
- Try to stagger MCs so that you always have enough people to break out affected players. This sometimes mean that you have to stand in puddles to accumulate stacks on purpose. Raid leader should keep an eye out on how many will get mind-controlled.
- 3rd MC is critical since Rot will be cast about the same time. Spread directly after MC is broken.
- Stand at least 8 yds away from allies when affected by Rot. When expired, green patch will spawn beneath you. Put puddles at the edge of a room at a designated location.
- Use a Health Pot to heal while running out with Rot unless you can cast an emergency heal during or before the run. High-ticking damage!
- Run out of Infested Breath. It targets random non-tank players. Make sure that the subsequent puddles are as stacked as possible by having players standing near existing puddles when breath is incoming.
- Don’t stand close to the affected tank when Volatile Rot explodes. It’s raid-wide damage, but the closer to the explosion the more damage it does.
Continue reading “Mistweaver Notes – Mythic Nythendra”
Updated for Patch 8.1.5
The September cycle of Patreon was completed a while ago, so now it’s time to assemble your fancy new art into a UI! Here’s a help post to the Nebula UI to give you inspiration and to get you started.
Creating your own Nebula UI
Continue reading “Patreon September Complete – Art of the Nebula”
Mythic Emerald Nightmare has been opened for less than one lock-out and the world-first race is already finished! Celebrations and congratulations to the winners, good job! The rest of us are just trying to catch up now. Oh, and I’ve updated my Gumroad with the Patreon reward package from August; Zen UI!
Zen UI on Gumroad
My artistic journey continues! Thank you for supporting me by buying my art – I hope you find interface art just as exciting as I do!
Continue reading “Zen UI in Shop and Mythic Musings”