I have been hard at work making more updates for the Teahouse. This time, I have reworked and updated the UI Hub. There are only a few more updates that are needed until the whole blog is as I want it!
New updates on the blog:
- UI Philosophy – This page has been rewritten from scratch. Here I talk about my thought process when I’m creating my UIs, mostly when it comes to composition, disposition and tackling the problem with aesthetics vs practicality. I use my own UIs, old and new, as illustrative examples.
- UI Inspiration – A page where I showcase all the different UIs I’ve done, plus some guest ones. Added my newest creations to the page.
- UI Troubleshooting – This page has been updated with the latest and most common problems people ask me about – and the solutions! More images has been added for +5 in visual guidance.
Continue reading “More Updates in the Teahouse”
I’ll be honest with you, there’s just something incredibly invigorating with Beta-periods. The alpha/beta for Battle for Azeroth has been sent out to several of my friends (not to me, but I can always shamelessly borrow from others) and there’s a sense of newness and adventure in the air. To celebrate, I’ve finally done some well-deserved updates to my poor neglected blog. And with ‘some’ I mean ‘many’.
Legion has been a blast to play, but it has caused a severe burn-out on my blog work. Between playing the game, working and doing everything else, it hasn’t been easy to justify the time needed to maintain a well updated blog. It isn’t until now at the end I finally can find time and inspiration to work on the blog. I’ve missed it a lot.
But I love change, and a new expansion is the biggest change of all in World of Warcraft. So, with new energy and inspiration I’ve finally made a lot of updates on the blog. As you might have noticed, things have moved around on the blog the past days. The Weakaura Hub has been split up to the separate Weakaura and UI Hubs. There are a few new pages and some serious rewrites. Here are the most important changes:
- NEW: Battle for Azeroth – a new page that is dedicated to the Mistweaver changes that rolls out on the alpha/beta.
- Mistweaver Talents – Added tags and rewritten.
- Advanced Mistweaving Guide – Rewritten from scratch and more up to date with the latest Mistweaver strategies.
- Monk Sets – I’ve updated and streamlined the transmog page with new images to better showcase the different sets. Sorely needed!
- The Secret Tearoom – This will remain in mystery for a while longer…
I’m not done with all the updates yet. Most notably the UI Philosophy needs to be rewritten, the UI Inspiration page updated and the UI Troubleshooting guide needs several additions and subtractions. There’s a lot more work to be done, but I’ll continue with the revamp.
Continue reading “Teahouse Refurbishment – Updates Galore”
Parallel to working on my Blackrock Foundry encounter guides, I’ve also been updating the whole blog here and there. It was time the Teahouse got some love and had every page up to date!
It’s mostly a cosmetic makeover, but I’ve also updated some texts, most notably the Introduction page and the Talent page. The talent page is going to get another makeover in the future, something in the style of the Advanced Mistweaving Strategy page. I have much to say about talent choice which I could cram in there, but first I need to do the BRF encounter guide.
I’ve added illustrations here and there and all the existing encounter pages have had their ability icons doubled in size. You may notice that I seldom write a text without attaching illustrations to it, and with the ability list I do it partly because it looks nice and partly because it’s easier if you can memorize the abilities with your visual memory as well. Some of them are also very pretty, like Imperator Mar’gok’s ability icons.
But take a look around. Read about the Mistweaver’s Role in the Introduction page and check the change on the encounter guides. There are many small changes all over the blog, see if you can notice them all!
The Misty Teahouse has been upgraded to WordPress Premium! *cheer* The upgrade allows me to customize the site in more detail (finally). I have already tweaked it a little bit but I’ll continue to fiddle with it, I just need to learn some CSS first. For you guys it can be worth noting that you can enter the following adresses;
and you’ll still be redirected to this site. Hopefully this will make it easier to find your way here! Don’t forget to take a peak now and then and see how the changes are coming :P
See you then!