We’re fast approaching patch 7.2.5 where we will finally be able to launch the assault on Tomb of Sargeras, adventure into Black Temple Timewalking, get new legendaries and most important of all experience the new class changes. Here is a small recap on new things and changes for Mistweavers!
Mistweaver Notes (So Far)
- Essence Font
- Now has a 12 second cooldown.
- Cost reduced to 7.2% of base mana (was 8%).
- Direct healing increased to 135% of spell power (was 110%).
- HoT healing increased by 48% of spell power (was 36%).
- HoT duration increased to 8 sec (was 6 sec).
- Essence Font is now castable while moving.
- Healing increased to 300% of spell power (was 275%).
- Cost reduced to 4% of base mana (was 4.5%).
- Life Cocoon
- Absorb amount increased to 4200% of spell power (was 3116%).
- Refreshing Jade Wind
- Cost reduced to 3.5% of base mana (was 5%).
- Duration increased to 9 sec (was 6 sec).
- No longer gives a healing bonus to Essence Font.
- Rising Sun Kick
- Cost reduced to 1.5% of base mana (was 2%).
- Thunder Focus Tea
- Changed empowerment of Essence Font: now channels 100% faster (was ‘castable while moving’).
Continue reading “Recap on Future Mistweaver Changes”
Another eventful Blizzcon has swept everything we know and turned it upside-down. I have lots of exciting news to share if you haven’t been able to attend or watch the event Online. Since this is a Mistweaver blog, I will mostly summarize the news that directly or indirectly relates to Monks. Mostly it relates to Artifacts, Class Halls, Raids and Dungeons since we haven’t had a lot of details specifically regarding our class (not many classes have). We will see Class specific information in the near future though, so keep a sharp eye.
Without further ado, here is a summary of all the news, courtesy of MMO and Wowhead.
- Class specific blogs with lots of details are coming starting on Sunday!
- The class team makes changes for mechanical reasons fairly often, but Legion is giving the team a chance to focus on the class fantasy as much as they do for quests and the general story.
- There will be a lot of class mechanic and aesthetic changes in Legion to try and bring classes back to their roots, as well as making the different specs more distinct.
- The team is trying to develop different ways to handle class balance and tuning without harming the fantasy and fun of the classes and specs. The new PvP leveling system is one example, allowing them to tune classes specifically for PvP.
- The team is really focusing on class fantasy in Legion. What do the different classes do when they are hanging out in their Class Hall?
- The team plans out the major story lines very early in the process and build the progression of the zones along with them. Those stories have been becoming more important and numerous in each expansion.
- The team tries to avoid drastic class changes in smaller patches, but with major patches and especially new expansions they can make larger changes.
- Set bonuses got really strong in Warlords, providing some variation to gameplay, but there will be other systems that fill this role in Legion, especially the Artifacts. They will be fun and exciting, but maybe not quite as strong.
- Talents are one of the best ways to distinguish the different classes and specs. Legion will have a lot more spec specific talents, adding variety to the different specs.
- The team is adding some loose themes to talents. For example, all of the left column talents may have something to do with rage, all of the far right ones are a weapon enhancement, and all of the middle talents are something else.
- The team isn’t trying to use Artifacts or Class Halls to fix classes or change how classes work, but instead build upon what the class already is.
- Immersive – You should feel like everything you do is involved with class. Abilities, names, animations.
- Distinct – Every class and spec should have something unique.
- Empowering – Your character is powerful, total control over what you are doing, use abilities the way you want to use them.
- Talents will have less theme rows, more meaningful choices, more spec specific talents, hundreds of new talents!
Continue reading “Blizzcon Recap – Monks, Artifacts and Class Halls”