We’re fast approaching patch 7.2.5 where we will finally be able to launch the assault on Tomb of Sargeras, adventure into Black Temple Timewalking, get new legendaries and most important of all experience the new class changes. Here is a small recap on new things and changes for Mistweavers!
Mistweaver Notes (So Far)
- Essence Font
- Now has a 12 second cooldown.
- Cost reduced to 7.2% of base mana (was 8%).
- Direct healing increased to 135% of spell power (was 110%).
- HoT healing increased by 48% of spell power (was 36%).
- HoT duration increased to 8 sec (was 6 sec).
- Essence Font is now castable while moving.
- Healing increased to 300% of spell power (was 275%).
- Cost reduced to 4% of base mana (was 4.5%).
- Life Cocoon
- Absorb amount increased to 4200% of spell power (was 3116%).
- Refreshing Jade Wind
- Cost reduced to 3.5% of base mana (was 5%).
- Duration increased to 9 sec (was 6 sec).
- No longer gives a healing bonus to Essence Font.
- Rising Sun Kick
- Cost reduced to 1.5% of base mana (was 2%).
- Thunder Focus Tea
- Changed empowerment of Essence Font: now channels 100% faster (was ‘castable while moving’).
Continue reading “Recap on Future Mistweaver Changes”
Whenever I’m gonna tackle a new raid, I study and take notes of each boss encounter. Here are my notes for the Emerald Nightmare raid (Heroic). My guild cleared both Normal and Heroic the first week of release, so I haven’t spent much time doing these encounters but the notes should be rather complete. I’ve snuck a few Mistweaver tips in there as well!
- Stand 8 yds away from allies when affected by Rot. When expired, green patch will spawn beneath you. Put puddles at the edge of a room at a designated location.
- Run out of Infested Breath. It targets random non-tank players. Make sure that the subsequent puddles are as stacked as possible by having players standing near existing puddles when breath is incoming.
- Do not stand near insects when Heart of the Swarm is active. Puddles will also be sucked into the boss, watch out for flying green patches (which is why you want to stack them, so there are safe areas in this phase).
- Infested debuff stacks inevitably during the fight and is cleared at Heart of the Swarm.
- Chi-Ji / Revival / Mana Tea on Infested Breath and/or Heart of the Swarm.
- High points of raid damage; if caught in Infested Breath, if standing close to insects during Heart of the Swarm, or if close to a tank’s Volatile Rot detonation. Use Diffuse Magic for survival.
Continue reading “Mistweaver Notes – Emerald Nightmare”
Since the latest deployed alpha build, PvP has been enabled on the new level 110 PvP realm. Players are able to test out the honor talents and get a feel for the new progression system. Due to weird time zones, queue times have been horrible when I’ve tried, so no luck for me yet. However, Brian Holinka has shared some developer thoughts on the new system!
Here’s a few quick facts to refresh your memory about Legion PvP:
- Players will have a separate, additional, talent tree for PvP.
- To unlock the talents, you must gain Honor first, which works more like PvP experience.
- To unlock the respective talents, you must earn:
- Levels 1-10: 750 honor
- Levels 11-20: 875 honor
- Levels 21-30: 1000 honor
- Levels 31-40: 1125 honor
- Levels 41-50: 1250 honor
- Once on max honor level, you can reset your honor level to gain a Prestige level. Prestige levels can unlock cosmetic rewards.
- Your gear has less impact in Legion PvP. You have predesignated stats when entering PvP battle, meaning that all stats from your gear, set-bonuses and trinkets are disabled in PvP.
- Item level can boost your predesignated stats, but only a little. 25 ilvls difference means a 2.5% increase in stats, as opposed to in Warlords of Draenor where it would have meant a 25% increase.
- Since stats are predesignated, developers can tweak individual specs in a way they haven’t before, making PvP balancing easier.
Continue reading “PvP in Alpha – Developer Notes”