Time flies when you’re having fun, and I’ve been playing World of Warcraft like crazy. Enough to forget to update the blog as I should. But I will try to rectify that now! Here is the first batch of updates, concerning weakauras and transmog.
Weakaura HUDs for all three Monk specs
New and updated HUDs for all three specs are available here:
Weakaura Hub > WeakAura Library > Mistweaver Icon Auras
Artifact Custom Transmogs
Continue reading “Weakaura Updates, New Transmogs and More”
If you have tried to access my blog the past three days, you might have noticed that my blog was nowhere to be found. Through a series of unfortunate events, the Misty Teahouse took a trip to the dark side of the internet. Thankfully, I got it back in one piece through my vast powers of technology… I’m kidding, I called tech-support.
Long story short, a less than a year ago I switched my blog through self-hosted instead of WordPress premium. The subscription for the premium ran out three days ago, which would have been all fine and dandy unless my domain had been part of that otherwise useless package deal. So yes, the domain was deleted, I called support and instead of paying for the whole premium package, I payed only for the domain and they fished it back from techno-limbo. Happy ending!
In more mistweaver-related news, patch 7.1.5 is coming ever closer to release. Here’s a summary of the Mistweaver changes:
Patch 7.1.5 – Mistweaver Notes
The good stuff:
- Rising Sun Kick costs 2% of base mana, down from 2.3%.
- Crackling Jade Lightning now deals 140% of attack power damage, up from 70%.
- Mistwalk (Talent) now heals for 420% of spell power, up from 350%.
- Song of Chi-Ji (Talent) now has a 15 sec cooldown, down from 30 sec.
- Zen Pulse (Talent) now heals and deals damage for 220% of spell power, up from 200%.
- Dampen Harm (Talent) now reduces the damage of incoming attacks by 20-50% (depending on how hard attack) for 10 sec. Previously reduced the next three incoming attacks by 30% if they damage 15% of your health or more.
- Diffuse Magic (Talent) now has a 1.5 min cooldown, down from 2 min cooldown.
- Ring of Peace (Talent) now forms at target location and ejects all enemies out of the ring. Previously formed around a friendly target and knocked back enemies who used harmful spells or abilities.
- Healing Sphere (PvP) now has a 15 sec recharge time, down from 45 sec.
- Way of the Crane (PvP) now also make you immune to stun effects.
Continue reading “Misty Teahouse took a trip to Limbo”
I’ve done a small update on my blog and added new images of my current UI on the UI Inspiration page. Sakresse has also obliged with new and sparkly images of her Legion UI! I want to keep filling the page however, so I will need your help!
UI Inspiration Page
I’m terribly slow at updating my blog pages, I know, but I’m getting there. The UI Inspiration page has gotten a small update now at least. I’ve added my own and Sakresse’s UI, and my Patreon interfaces. You can get inspiration from those and of course my old UIs.
Continue reading “UI Inspiration Page Updates”
The Monk blog for changes in Legion is live! I will make several posts to give feedback on all this new information – but right now, I have to raid!
Mistweavers are unique among those who heal. The energies they channel are mysterious, oftentimes misunderstood by commoners—who rarely travel beyond the borders of their homelands—as some form of folk medicine. But those who weave the mists wield the power of life’s essence, using a mixture of preventative and restorative spells to mend their allies’ wounds. The inner tranquility that guides mistweavers allows them to sustain their healing for long periods of time, and gives them the strength to care for multiple injured allies.
“…those who weave the mists wield the power of life’s essence, using a mixture of preventative and restorative spells to mend their allies’ wounds.“
Our goal with Mistweaver Monks is to accentuate the existing characteristics that define them, and resolve some core gameplay issues. In simple terms, this means we’ve redesigned their abilities so that you can directly use the spells you want rather than having to set up an excessive amount of other abilities first.
The most prominent example of this was Renewing Mist, which served primarily as a setup for Uplift; we’ve reworked Renewing Mist to stand on its own, and replaced Uplift with a couple of new spells: Vivify and Essence Font. In addition, a new passive Soothing Mist mechanic gives Mistweavers a unique healing style with variable efficiency, over which you have more direct control.
We’re also focusing Mistweavers solely on healing, rather than supporting a type of mixed attack-healing gameplay that felt awkward and ultimately didn’t live up to our goals for the spec—it was unintuitive, and chiefly useful as a mana management tool. Lastly, Mistweavers will now use Mana, not Chi, as a resource, since it reduced choices and restricted gameplay in many situations.
Here’s a basic look at the core combat healing abilities for Mistweaver Monks:
- Mastery: Gust of Mists
- Your targeted heals also cause a gust of healing mists, instantly healing the target for a minor amount (increasing with Mastery from gear).
- Soothing Mist
- Your Effuse, Enveloping Mist, and Vivify also trigger Soothing Mist.
- After casting these spells, you continue to channel healing mists into the target, healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action.
- Developer Comments
- Need efficient healing? Cast any heal and let Soothing Mist continue to provide free healing as long as you feel comfortable!
- Need high-throughput healing? Cast any heal and move onto the next target in need of healing, without spending time on Soothing Mist.
- For Mistweavers, it’s OK to have open global cooldowns between heals—Soothing Mist fills these gaps.
- 1.8% Mana, 40 yd range, 1.5 sec cast
- A fast and efficient spell, healing the target for a minor amount.
- Enveloping Mist
- 6.0% Mana, 40 yd range, 2 sec cast
- Wrap the target in healing mists, healing them for a huge amount over 6 sec, and increasing healing received from your spells by 30%.
- Renewing Mist
- 3.5% Mana, Instant, 6 sec cooldown
- You surround the target with healing mists, restoring a huge amount of health over 20 sec.
- If Renewing Mist causes any overhealing, it will travel to the most injured ally within 20 yds.
- When Renewing Mist heals, it has a 4% chance to increase the healing of your next Vivify by 50%.
- Essence Font
- 8.0% Mana, 40 yd range, Channeled
- Unleash a rapid twirl of healing bolts at up to 6 allies within 25 yds, every 1 sec for 3 sec.
- Each bolt heals the target for a moderate amount, plus an additional moderate amount over 8 sec.
- 5.0% Mana, 40 yd range, 1.5 sec cast
- Cause a surge of invigorating mists around the target, healing them and their 2 nearest injured allies for a moderate amount.
Additionally, to give you an idea of how some talents may build upon this, here’s an example of one of their Mistweaver-specific talents:
- 40 yd range, Instant, 20 sec recharge, 2 charges
- Instantly dash to an ally, and heal them for a large amount.