A lot of changes for Mistweavers has been filtered through the PTR notes, but in bits and pieces. I try to summarize some of the latest changes and news regarding everything Mistweaver in this post. Take a look at what’s in store for patch 7.2 for Mistweaver Monks!
- Vivify heals an additional ally (was 3 targets, now 4).
- Has been reported by MMO Champion’s datamining, but not Wowhead’s yet.
- Potentially alludes to the Ei’thas, Lunar Glides of Eramas change.
- Mistwalk has been removed.
- Chi Wave has replaced Mistwalk in the talent tree.
- Fortifying Brew is now learned at level 55.
On the removal of Mistwalk:
We’re obviously aware that this change has balance implications, and are prepared to make any additional changes necessary for Mistweaver PvP performance.
– Original Post, by Lore
On Mistweaver raiding:
Rising Thunder has wound up underperforming which we would likely look at at the same time. It would likely be helped regardless by changes that made it easier to spend mana and GCDs on Rising Sun Kick, without always taking away from something like an Essence Font.
– Original Post, by Sigma
- Collidus the Warp-Watcher’s Gaze now increases the absorption of Life Cocoon by 3%, stacking up to 50 times.
- Was previously 1% and 100 stacks.
- Ei’thas, Lunar Glides of Eramas has been redesigned to buff Uplifting Trance. Uplifting Trance now increases the healing of Vivify by an additional 20% and causes it to heal one additional target.
- Previously, Rising Sun Kick increased the duration of your HoTs of your target’s target (often a tank) by 5 sec.
- Ovyd’s Winter Wrap now allows Enveloping Mist’s tick healing to have a 50% chance to spread the healing bonus to a nearby injured ally.
- Was previously only activated when Enveloping Mist was overhealing and the healing bonus spread to two nearby allies.
Ban-Lu, Mount with a Voice
Ban-Lu will only come in one color variation, but on the other hand he can talk! Yes, we will get a very wise tiger that tells us to lay off the mana buns, because goddamit that fluff can’t all be fur.
Monk Tier 20 – Xuen’s Battlegear
Mistweaver 2-set bonus – Your healing spell casts have a 10% chance to grant Surge of Mists, reducing the cost of your next Enveloping Mist by 75%.
Mistweaver 4-set bonus – Consuming Surge of Mists resets the cooldown of Thunder Focus Tea.
Monk PvP Season 2 – Cruel Gladiator’s Ironskin
The next season of PvP will coincide with patch 7.2 and the prestige cap will be increased from Prestige 9 to Prestige 13.
Patch 7.2 does hold some interesting changes and I really look forward to the new content. Although the removal of Mistwalk still stings (I understand why they removed it, but the fun factor in PvP lessened in any case), I’m very curious to how they’re going to approach raid healing for Mistweavers. A blue post suggested that they’re experimenting to how Mistweaver’s raid healing could change, and that a cooldown on Essence Font is not impossible.
Personally, I prefer rotations that include a variety of spells rather than one-trick ponies. If they want to balance towards that instead of capitalizing on Essence Font, I’m all for it. As long as the spells are balanced around that new rotation and Mistweavers are viable in a raid setting.
MMO Champion reported that Vivify will be capped at 4 targets instead of 3 (p o t e n t i a l l y), though I have yet to see that in Wowhead’s datamining. This could be one of the changes they’re experimenting with. We shall have to wait and see how they will continue with the changes.
On an entirely different note – Tier 20 and Legion PvP Season 2 set look really awesome! I particularly like the Elite set, but to get it I need 2000+ rating in RBGs or rated Arenas. So… we’ll see how that goes.
The Tier 20 version look awesome as well, apart maybe from the LFR version. The set bonuses are very interesting too, particularly now that it seems we’ll be moving away from the Essence Font spam and work more with Vivify and Enveloping Mist. I’m all abuzz on how mistweaving is developing in Patch 7.2!