A lot of changes for Mistweavers has been filtered through the PTR notes, but in bits and pieces. I try to summarize some of the latest changes and news regarding everything Mistweaver in this post. Take a look at what’s in store for patch 7.2 for Mistweaver Monks!
On the removal of Mistwalk:
Continue reading “Patch 7.2 Roundup on Mistweavers”
This was a primarily PvP-focused change. It wasn’t getting much use in PvE (and when it was, that was almost always the wrong choice), and it was giving Mistweavers far too much mobility in PvP, especially in RBGs where it was highly problematic.
We’re obviously aware that this change has balance implications, and are prepared to make any additional changes necessary for Mistweaver PvP performance.
– Original Post, by Lore
A slew of new info for Patch 7.2 has been datamined. I have collected and summarized what will be happening for Monks and Mistweavers specifically in this post. More info will be forthcoming!
New Artifact Traits
Some old traits will get more ranks. Remember that now we have 1-3 base traits, but we can add 3 traits with relics, a.k.a. 6 traits max. In patch 7.2 some will get 2 more ranks available (7 & 8), but the max trait for base traits will be rank 5 (+ rank 6-8 if relics are added).
- Effusive Mists Rank 1: Effuse causes Sheilun to generate a cloud of mist.
- Tendrils of Revival Rank 1-8: Reduces the cooldown of Revival by 10-80 sec.
- Whispers of Shaohao Rank 1: Consuming the mists of Sheilun causes each active mist to additionally heal a nearby target for x%.
Continue reading “Patch 7.2 Sneak peaks”
If you have tried to access my blog the past three days, you might have noticed that my blog was nowhere to be found. Through a series of unfortunate events, the Misty Teahouse took a trip to the dark side of the internet. Thankfully, I got it back in one piece through my vast powers of technology… I’m kidding, I called tech-support.
Long story short, a less than a year ago I switched my blog through self-hosted instead of WordPress premium. The subscription for the premium ran out three days ago, which would have been all fine and dandy unless my domain had been part of that otherwise useless package deal. So yes, the domain was deleted, I called support and instead of paying for the whole premium package, I payed only for the domain and they fished it back from techno-limbo. Happy ending!
In more mistweaver-related news, patch 7.1.5 is coming ever closer to release. Here’s a summary of the Mistweaver changes:
Patch 7.1.5 – Mistweaver Notes
The good stuff:
- Rising Sun Kick costs 2% of base mana, down from 2.3%.
- Crackling Jade Lightning now deals 140% of attack power damage, up from 70%.
- Mistwalk (Talent) now heals for 420% of spell power, up from 350%.
- Song of Chi-Ji (Talent) now has a 15 sec cooldown, down from 30 sec.
- Zen Pulse (Talent) now heals and deals damage for 220% of spell power, up from 200%.
- Dampen Harm (Talent) now reduces the damage of incoming attacks by 20-50% (depending on how hard attack) for 10 sec. Previously reduced the next three incoming attacks by 30% if they damage 15% of your health or more.
- Diffuse Magic (Talent) now has a 1.5 min cooldown, down from 2 min cooldown.
- Ring of Peace (Talent) now forms at target location and ejects all enemies out of the ring. Previously formed around a friendly target and knocked back enemies who used harmful spells or abilities.
- Healing Sphere (PvP) now has a 15 sec recharge time, down from 45 sec.
- Way of the Crane (PvP) now also make you immune to stun effects.
Continue reading “Misty Teahouse took a trip to Limbo”
The PTR for the Legion pre-patch is up and running! Everyone can try the new Mistweaver Monk and check out all the new features. I recommend you to do it! Are you confused about all the new abilities and changes? Don’t worry, I have you covered.
This is actually a small project I started months ago, though I thought I wouldn’t finish it for quite a while. But this morning I jumped into the PTR and felt “crap, I really need to finish this guide”. So I’ve been working all day to finish it for you guys.
It’s a small introduction to Mistweaver Monks in Legion, tuned for patch 7.0 currently. Changes may occur between now and launch, so keep that in mind. I share it now so that new and old players can easily be introduced to the Legion version of Mistweaver Monks as soon as possible.
Continue reading “PTR and Mistweaver Crash Course”