Another pass has been made to Mistweavers and I still have a lot of feedback to give! So I’m just gonna softball this feedback post to the developers and hope I can contribute with some constructive discussion. I tried to be short and concise, but hah, I don’t have the talent for it.
The Feedback Part
After the last time I made a feedback post, we’ve had an upcoming update on Renewing Mist; it should now automatically jump if you try to overwrite it. Also, it seems that the developers heard us on the Thunder Focus Tea feedback as well:
Original Post, May 2 2018
Quick note – the TFT-Enveloping buff has a new instant heal component added on beta, which you still benefit from if you TFT-Enveloping during Soothing Mist. While this loses part of the value of the buff, it’s still a reasonable option to provide for when an instant heal seems important.
All that said, one concern with the current setup on beta is that TFT-Renewing might dominate the other uses of TFT too often. Some of the exact bonuses it provides may have to be adjusted once everything else settles.
Originally posted by Sigma.
Continue reading “The Big Mistweaver Feedback Post 2.0”
Another wave of changes has hit the BFA Alpha. This time around, Mistweavers’ talent tree has been scrambled around, while two old talents are gone and replaced with two sparkling new ones. Take a look below!
- Zen Pulse Removed
- Rising Thunder Removed
- Essence Well NEW
- For every 6 sec Essence Font spends off cooldown, your next Essence Font may be channeled for 1 additional second.
The duration of Essence Font’s heal over time is increased by 4 sec.
- Note: Baseline channel is 3 sec, this talent pushes that to a maximum of 6 seconds (before haste). Once it’s off cooldown, you can see the tooltip changes the channel time. It takes 18 sec to hit the max duration, but it ticks up by the decimals (channel time 3.0 sec, 3.1 sec, 3.2 sec, etc until it hits 6 sec).
- Rising Mist NEW
- Rising Sun Kick heals all allies with your Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, or Essence Font for (20% of Spell power), and extends those effects by 2 sec.
- Mist Wrap no longer allows Soothing Mist to be channeled while moving.
- Many talents have switched places and the talent tree looks like this now:
Continue reading “New Alpha Build and Mistweaver Talents”
After killing Argus Mythic, I finally got access to the Battle for Azeroth alpha! Now I can check out all the changes by myself, and keep you freshly updated. Speaking of changes, a new build rolled out and it seems that Blizzard has turned its eye to healers. Down below are all the changes they’ve made to Mistweavers.
- Effuse has been removed.
- Mastery: Gust of Mists is no longer activated by Effuse.
- Soothing Mist is now an active ability:
- Heals the target for (360% of Spell power) over 8 sec. While channeling, Enveloping Mist and Vivify may be cast instantly on the target.
- Rising Sun Kick now deals 115% of attack power damage, up from 106.86%.
- Spinning Crane Kick now deals 10% of attack power damage, down from 16.38%.
- Thunder Focus Tea
- No longer empowers Effuse.
- Enveloping Mist: Instant cast and immediately heals for (130% of Spell power).
- Vivify Causes a surge of invigorating mists,
around the target, healing them and their 2 nearest injured allies for (75%) healing the target for (100% of Spell power) and all allies with your Renewing Mist active for (60% of Spell power).
- Cost changed from 4.0% of base mana to 3.2% of base mana.
- Invoke Chi-Ji, the Red Crane now heals for 30% of attack power, up from 22.113%.
- Mana Tea duration has increased to 12 sec, up from 10 sec.
- Summon Jade Serpent Statue now heals for 16% of spell power, changed from 50% of the Mistweaver’s Soothing Mist.
- Way of the Crane no longer removes stun effects.
- Paralysis now has a cooldown of 45 sec, down from 1 min.
Continue reading “New Alpha Build and I Got in!”
We’re fast approaching patch 7.2.5 where we will finally be able to launch the assault on Tomb of Sargeras, adventure into Black Temple Timewalking, get new legendaries and most important of all experience the new class changes. Here is a small recap on new things and changes for Mistweavers!
Mistweaver Notes (So Far)
- Essence Font
- Now has a 12 second cooldown.
- Cost reduced to 7.2% of base mana (was 8%).
- Direct healing increased to 135% of spell power (was 110%).
- HoT healing increased by 48% of spell power (was 36%).
- HoT duration increased to 8 sec (was 6 sec).
- Essence Font is now castable while moving.
- Healing increased to 300% of spell power (was 275%).
- Cost reduced to 4% of base mana (was 4.5%).
- Life Cocoon
- Absorb amount increased to 4200% of spell power (was 3116%).
- Refreshing Jade Wind
- Cost reduced to 3.5% of base mana (was 5%).
- Duration increased to 9 sec (was 6 sec).
- No longer gives a healing bonus to Essence Font.
- Rising Sun Kick
- Cost reduced to 1.5% of base mana (was 2%).
- Thunder Focus Tea
- Changed empowerment of Essence Font: now channels 100% faster (was ‘castable while moving’).
Continue reading “Recap on Future Mistweaver Changes”
Here is a clean version of my personal notes from Ursoc mythic encounter. If you want to add any knowledge or help other players with the encounter, feel free to comment and discuss below!
- Urosc charges the player affected by Focused Gaze after 6 seconds. The further away the player is from Ursoc, the less damage the player takes by Trampling Slam. When he hits the player, the raid takes damage by Barreling Impact, which does less damage the more players are standing in it.
- Players hit by Barreling Impact get the Momentum debuff, which means they can’t always help soak the Impact.
- Split the raid into two groups and let them rotate to soak Barreling Impact!
- The raid should soak the damage of Roaring Cacophony together by standing close to Ursoc when he casts it. Never stand in the Miasma patches that are left behind.
- Roaring Cacophony does more and more damage each time he casts it. Barreling Impact also deals high damage.
- High tank damage. If the two tank debuffs (Overwhelm and Rend Flesh) aren’t handled properly, the tanks will die.
- Roaring Cacaphony and Barreling Impact are physical damage, Diffuse Magic does not help. Consider Dampen Harm.
- At 30%, Ursoc enrages and you enter the burn phase (Blood Frenzy).
Continue reading “Mistweaver Notes – Mythic Ursoc”
Here are my personal notes from my progression on Mythic Nythendra – or at least the cleaned-up version of them. The original notes had more colorful language, spelling mistakes and abbreviations until oblivion. But now they’re legible – hurray!
- Infested debuff stacks inevitably during the fight and is cleared at Heart of the Swarm. If you have 10 or more stacks of Infested, you will be mind-controlled after Nythendra casts Infested Mind (which always happen directly after casting Infested Breath). Stack up before the cast so that non-mc people can dish out enough damage to break the mc.
- Do not use Leg Sweep since debuffs remain even after MC. The mind-control is easily broken though, so Spinning Crane Kick is fine.
- Try to stagger MCs so that you always have enough people to break out affected players. This sometimes mean that you have to stand in puddles to accumulate stacks on purpose. Raid leader should keep an eye out on how many will get mind-controlled.
- 3rd MC is critical since Rot will be cast about the same time. Spread directly after MC is broken.
- Stand at least 8 yds away from allies when affected by Rot. When expired, green patch will spawn beneath you. Put puddles at the edge of a room at a designated location.
- Use a Health Pot to heal while running out with Rot unless you can cast an emergency heal during or before the run. High-ticking damage!
- Run out of Infested Breath. It targets random non-tank players. Make sure that the subsequent puddles are as stacked as possible by having players standing near existing puddles when breath is incoming.
- Don’t stand close to the affected tank when Volatile Rot explodes. It’s raid-wide damage, but the closer to the explosion the more damage it does.
Continue reading “Mistweaver Notes – Mythic Nythendra”