We’re fast approaching patch 7.2.5 where we will finally be able to launch the assault on Tomb of Sargeras, adventure into Black Temple Timewalking, get new legendaries and most important of all experience the new class changes. Here is a small recap on new things and changes for Mistweavers!
Mistweaver Notes (So Far)
- Essence Font
- Now has a 12 second cooldown.
- Cost reduced to 7.2% of base mana (was 8%).
- Direct healing increased to 135% of spell power (was 110%).
- HoT healing increased by 48% of spell power (was 36%).
- HoT duration increased to 8 sec (was 6 sec).
- Essence Font is now castable while moving.
- Healing increased to 300% of spell power (was 275%).
- Cost reduced to 4% of base mana (was 4.5%).
- Life Cocoon
- Absorb amount increased to 4200% of spell power (was 3116%).
- Refreshing Jade Wind
- Cost reduced to 3.5% of base mana (was 5%).
- Duration increased to 9 sec (was 6 sec).
- No longer gives a healing bonus to Essence Font.
- Rising Sun Kick
- Cost reduced to 1.5% of base mana (was 2%).
- Thunder Focus Tea
- Changed empowerment of Essence Font: now channels 100% faster (was ‘castable while moving’).
Continue reading “Recap on Future Mistweaver Changes”
Long time, no see! I have been a little absent from, well, pretty much any social media for a few weeks now. So, I thought it was time to write a little update on what I’m up to.
First, I’m alive and well! I’m still playing ferociously, going between World of Warcraft and Zelda, thinking seriously about giving the new Mass Effect a chance too. In WoW I’m still progress raiding as Mistweaver. I’ve poked and prodded a little at my alts (I have one of each class), but the more I play other the classes the more I realize how much I prefer Monks. In all specs. That’s not going to change any time soon.
I’ve kept an eye out for Mistweavers news for 7.2.5, though I might have probably missed a few tidbits. I have been playing more than researching on Mistweavers lately. But what I’ve picked up on, mostly the Essence Font and Refreshing Jade Wind changes, looks interesting (but we won’t see how it works out until it’s live). Here’s one of the latest blue posts on the subject:
Continue reading “News from the Misty Cave”
I haven’t been idle while the blog went down! When Misty Teahouse was in limbo, I decided to write a little about Mistweaver legendaries. Mostly about how they work, since it isn’t always obvious by just reading the description.
New Page: Mistweaver Legendaries
The page is sub-item to “Mistweaver Guide”, so you’ll find it listed there too. I’ve added more detailed descriptions of what the legendaries do, but since I haven’t been able to test all, I had to do some research on the legendaries that I do not own. Hopefully everything’s accurate, otherwise I’ll update it as needed.
Continue reading “New Legendary Page”
If you have tried to access my blog the past three days, you might have noticed that my blog was nowhere to be found. Through a series of unfortunate events, the Misty Teahouse took a trip to the dark side of the internet. Thankfully, I got it back in one piece through my vast powers of technology… I’m kidding, I called tech-support.
Long story short, a less than a year ago I switched my blog through self-hosted instead of WordPress premium. The subscription for the premium ran out three days ago, which would have been all fine and dandy unless my domain had been part of that otherwise useless package deal. So yes, the domain was deleted, I called support and instead of paying for the whole premium package, I payed only for the domain and they fished it back from techno-limbo. Happy ending!
In more mistweaver-related news, patch 7.1.5 is coming ever closer to release. Here’s a summary of the Mistweaver changes:
Patch 7.1.5 – Mistweaver Notes
The good stuff:
- Rising Sun Kick costs 2% of base mana, down from 2.3%.
- Crackling Jade Lightning now deals 140% of attack power damage, up from 70%.
- Mistwalk (Talent) now heals for 420% of spell power, up from 350%.
- Song of Chi-Ji (Talent) now has a 15 sec cooldown, down from 30 sec.
- Zen Pulse (Talent) now heals and deals damage for 220% of spell power, up from 200%.
- Dampen Harm (Talent) now reduces the damage of incoming attacks by 20-50% (depending on how hard attack) for 10 sec. Previously reduced the next three incoming attacks by 30% if they damage 15% of your health or more.
- Diffuse Magic (Talent) now has a 1.5 min cooldown, down from 2 min cooldown.
- Ring of Peace (Talent) now forms at target location and ejects all enemies out of the ring. Previously formed around a friendly target and knocked back enemies who used harmful spells or abilities.
- Healing Sphere (PvP) now has a 15 sec recharge time, down from 45 sec.
- Way of the Crane (PvP) now also make you immune to stun effects.
Continue reading “Misty Teahouse took a trip to Limbo”
Whenever I’m gonna tackle a new raid, I study and take notes of each boss encounter. Here are my notes for the Emerald Nightmare raid (Heroic). My guild cleared both Normal and Heroic the first week of release, so I haven’t spent much time doing these encounters but the notes should be rather complete. I’ve snuck a few Mistweaver tips in there as well!
- Stand 8 yds away from allies when affected by Rot. When expired, green patch will spawn beneath you. Put puddles at the edge of a room at a designated location.
- Run out of Infested Breath. It targets random non-tank players. Make sure that the subsequent puddles are as stacked as possible by having players standing near existing puddles when breath is incoming.
- Do not stand near insects when Heart of the Swarm is active. Puddles will also be sucked into the boss, watch out for flying green patches (which is why you want to stack them, so there are safe areas in this phase).
- Infested debuff stacks inevitably during the fight and is cleared at Heart of the Swarm.
- Chi-Ji / Revival / Mana Tea on Infested Breath and/or Heart of the Swarm.
- High points of raid damage; if caught in Infested Breath, if standing close to insects during Heart of the Swarm, or if close to a tank’s Volatile Rot detonation. Use Diffuse Magic for survival.
Continue reading “Mistweaver Notes – Emerald Nightmare”
The world opens bit by bit, and this week we can finally enter the Emerald Nightmare normal and heroic. World bosses have started populating the Broken Isles as well, and more will come the following weeks. How prepared are you?
Some of you have probably raced through world bosses and the entire new raid already. Maybe you’ve even had done it all on the Beta previously. In any case, the Emerald Nightmare was new to me and my whole raid raced through Normal difficulty yesterday to try out our new recruits. We will continue with Heroic this week too.
Prepping for the raid, I started making some personal notes on each boss to help me remember important mechanics. It started out simple, with a few more notes than the dungeon journal. Then of course, because I am me, it became a little bit more excessive in detail. So I thought to myself, since I won’t do a full-blown encounter guide (there are already so many good ones out there), I can at least release my personal notes on the bosses.
Continue reading “Emerald Nightmare Begins”
I don’t know about you guys, but I wish I could forgo sleep altogether just to make the days longer; maybe I could manage to do everything I want to do that day in Broken Isles then. There’s so much to do! Dungeons! World quests! Professions! I need more time!
This was, without a doubt, the smoothest launch of an expansion I’ve ever experienced. Within 24 hours I was level 110 (and yes, I did get a good night sleep in that time too) and it never felt overcrowded or lacking quest mobs. I also happened to be friends with the luckiest person on WoW, who got a Legendary on the first World quest cache. He became 4th best geared in Europe when he got it. Lucky bastard.
I have so much I need to update on the blog too! I’m working on an extensive Artifact page for Sheilun and I really need to update my Mistweaving guides. I just got to learn how to live without sleeping first, then I’m good to go.
The Patreon cycle for Zen UI is complete and eligible patrons will get their rewards in the coming week. Meanwhile, the previous month’s rewards are up on Gumroad for those who missed it!
Royal UI up on Gumroad
Visit my Gumroad shop!
Continue reading “Legion Launch Experience and Royal UI”
Legion seemed so far off, like a speck in the horizon. Then one day that speck was suddenly a massive Legion invasion that gob-smacked you right in the face. Legion is here, the big launch coming only in a few short days, and I’m having last minute panic over all the things I need to get done before then! But the hype is real!
August 30, Tuesday – Launch! Mythic Dungeons open after weekly reset.
September 20, Tuesday – Emerald Nightmare Normal and Heroic opens! Mythic+ Dungeons become available!
September 27, Tuesday – Emerald Nightmare Mythic and the first wing of LFR opens!
October 11, Tuesday – 2nd wing of Emerald Nightmare LFR opens!
October 25, Tuesday – 3rd wing of Emerald Nightmare LFR opens!
Nighthold (Suramar Palace) raid will open sometime early 2017.
Continue reading “Hotfixes and Last-Minute Panic”
With the risk of breaking out into song about “A whole new Woooooooorld” after the latest week of the new Mistweaver, I thought it was tea time! In other words, pour yourself a large cup of tea and let’s have a talk about everything new in the World of Warcraft… Who am I kidding, I’m just going to talk about Mistweavers – hold the door!
After having tried both the more traditional Lifecycles build and the new fistweaving build as a raiding Mistweaver, my first thought that struck me was how much freedom I suddenly got. Freedom from having my spells locked by Chi, freedom from the statue, freedom from stances. I had never really considered these as limitations until I just realized that I could pretty much cast any spell I wanted, at any time and any place now instead. “There’s so much room for activites!”
I have had so much fun trying both the builds – though I have a certain love for the new fistweaving build. It is very fast-paced and demands quite a deal from the Mistweaver. But if you get it just right, you are rewarded by doing BOTH great damage and healing. Isn’t that the best of both worlds?
Continue reading “First Week of a New Mistweaving World”
The pre-patch is here! Okay, it’s here for America. Europe has to wait until tomorrow until its launch, but that only means I have an extra day to update my blog. The blog will be renovated for patch 7.0 and Legion the upcoming days, and I’ve already finished the Basic Mistweaving Guide and Talents. Still so many things to do and so little time!
Are you in need of some Mistweaving assistance? Look no further, help is here! I have updated my Basic Mistweaving Guide and Talents section just in time for the pre-patch.
Basic Mistweaving Guide – Explains stat priority, healing toolkit, damage toolkit and rotations to go with them.
Talents – A rundown of all the talents and which to pick in which situation.
I have in mind to edit these continuously as I gain new knowledge myself. Also, they need to be spiced up with some nice illustrations, but all in good time. I still have the following pages to update:
Continue reading “Mistweaver Guide updated for Patch 7.0”